Eric is Associate Dean for IESE Business School, professor of accounting and control and Director of IESE's New York Center. He is a member of the Executive Committee of IESE and a member of the Harvard Business School - IESE Advisory Committee. Previously, he was the Associate Dean for the MBA program and later he was the associate dean for Executive Education and Executive MBA Programs, and the academic director for the Global Executive MBA program.
Dr. Weber earned his Ph.D. in Management (Accounting and Information Systems) from the Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University, USA, and his MBA from IESE. He also holds a Mechanical Engineering degree from the Universidad Simón Bolivar in Venezuela.
Areas of Interest
- Management Control Systems (emphasis on strategy driven adaptive control systems)
- Design of management control systems (in high growth environments)
- Design and implementation of advanced cost accounting systems to aid business decision making
- Strategic cost cutting and cost control
- Lean accounting and business processes improvement (Six Sigma and similar)
- International business development and deployment