This report by Accenture examines how companies can start to plan and respond to the most likely impact of Brexit on the supply chain.
Key points include:
- How to get the best understanding of your current baseline performance and how a rigorous approach to data collection can help to ensure reliability and repeatability.
- Tips on how to see past the speculation and soundbites in the media surrounding the impact
of Brexit on companies to the statements and metrics that are relevant from a supply chain
- A discussion of what effect the following issues will have on the supply chain during the Brexit process:
• Foreign exchange rates
• Import and export tariffs
• Customs and the potential demise of 'frictionless' border crossings
• The effect of withdrawal on regulations
• Access to labour
• Changes to the tax regime after Brexit